Refine search results by Managed Metadata - Part 2 (Use Case)
Part 2 of the blog series describes the use case for the application.
- SharePoint Online is used.
- Text files are tagged via a Managed Metadata column with hierarchically arranged terms from the Managed Metadata Termstore.
- A content page displays all hits of a search source immediately after the page is called up.
- The results can be filtered by a refiner based on the tagged terms.
- The refiner can be used to link the selected terms with either "AND" or "OR".
- For each result, the link to the file and the tagged metadata are displayed.
The following animated gif describes the application using screenshots. I compared the two federal states in Germany with the most inhabitants: North Rhine-Westfalia and Bavaria
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for Part 3: Code.
Any questions or remarks? Please leave a comment.